THIS POLICY IS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020.
This Privacy Notice sets forth the information gathering, use, and dissemination practices of URS Management Services, Inc. and its’ affiliates (collectively “Alltran”) in connection with the World Wide Web site located at www.alltran.com (its “Site”). This Privacy Notice addresses Alltran’s practices regarding information collected only directly through or from its Site – it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected other than directly through or from its Site, including, without limitation, from or via telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media.
How Information is Collected:
There are several ways that we could receive personal and non-personal information:
- You might provide information as a visitor to Alltran’s Site or choose to participate in some type of information exchange, including an employment inquiry or application.
- You may choose to log in to our Site using another website or service’s login information, and that website or service may transmit information to Alltran if you choose to log in through this option.
- You may transmit information either via email, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- We may collect information automatically as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other passive tracking technologies.
What Information is Collected:
The types of personal and non-personal information we receive may include:
- Information that identifies you individually and personally, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, policy or account number, government or other identification number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Information that concerns you but may not directly identify you, such as zip code or certain demographic information.
- Technical and computer information on the domain and about the device you use to access the Site, referring location (e.g. the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to this Site) the date and time of your visit to the Site, and other usage details.
Technologies We Use:
We may collect certain information by automated means when you visit our Site, such as cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
- A “flash cookie” is a local shared object that Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer. Certain features of our Site may use flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server.
- We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications.
How and When Information is Used:
Information provided by a user is used as permitted by federal, state and local regulations relating to privacy of personal information, consumer rights protection such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and relevant employment laws. We may use this information:
- To present our Site and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as responding to communications that you send us, employment inquiries, or applications.
- To provide you with notices about your account and status.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site, if any.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, so long as such use is permitted by law. Specific examples include: Analyzing our audience and use patterns for the Site; Storing information about your preferences and allowing us to direct or customize specific content to you; Recognizing you when you return to the Site or speeding-up your log in.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing of Information
Except for the purposes listed in this section, individual Alltran entities do not make personal information available to any third parties, specifically including other individual Alltran entities, other than as permitted by law including, but not limited to, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and does not sell personal information obtained on the Site to any company or marketing group.
We may disclose identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To your creditor regarding an account placed with one of our affiliated entities at the creditor’s direction if applicable.
- Our employees, agents and/or contractors may have access to personally identifiable information to help carry out the services they are performing for us.
- To any service provider to help carry out the services they are performing on our behalf, including in relation to processing a payment on this site.
- To a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process or in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process.
- To a third party if determined by Alltran in its sole judgment that such disclosure is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Alltran or any other person or entity (The foregoing is not intended to obviate or displace any legal obligations or duties applicable to Alltran).
- We may transfer information about you in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
Our Site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy policies before submitting any information, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
How We Protect Your Information
Alltran takes measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to its Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information by unauthorized persons. For example, we store the information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Your access to some services will require you to verify your identity. If there is a problem verifying identity through the Site we recommend you contact our office and speak to a representative directly.
You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished using our Site and have entered any personal information. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
No data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. In spite of our efforts to protect and maintain the confidentiality of any personal information you provide to our Site, Alltran cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. You transmit all such information at your own risk. Please contact our offices directly if you would prefer to speak to a representative.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Site does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer transmits a “do not track” or similar beacon or message.
Social Security Number Protection
In the course of operating our business, we may collect or receive access to Social Security Numbers (“SSNs”). We protect the confidentiality of SSNs through various physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access or use. We limit access to SSNs to purposes and uses that are lawful, and prohibit unlawful disclosure or use of SSNs.
This Site is intended for a United States audience. If you access this Site from outside the U.S., you acknowledge, agree, and consent that any information you provide, including any personal information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the U.S., and subject to U.S. laws and regulations. Further, if you access this site from outside the U.S., you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local or national laws, rules or regulations applicable to such use.
California Civil Code
California Civil code Sec. 1798.83 provides certain rights to California residents, including the right to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. To request such information, please contact us as described below in the “Contact Us” section.
California Consumer Privacy Act
1. Information We Collect About You
We may collect and use personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be directly or indirectly linked, with a consumer, device, or household (“personal information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as (but not limited to) information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (“DPPA”).
We regularly collect (and have collected in the past 12 months) several types of personal information about individuals offline regarding accounts we service for other entities, including: name, DOB, address, gender, account number, payment and other financial information, email address, insurance information, Social Security Number, employment information, telephone number, IP address, military or veteran status, audio information, username, commercial information (such as records of property, products, or services purchased, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies), internet activity such as interaction with our website(s) or application(s), inferences drawn from any personal information categories to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, aptitudes, or behavior, publicly available information, and information collected or shared pursuant to HIPAA, CMIA, FIPA, GLBA, FCRA, DPPA, and/or other applicable privacy laws. We also may collect additional categories of personal information users provide directly to us, our clients, or our vendors.
2. How Your Personal Information is Collected
We collect most of this personal information from our creditor clients or from you or your authorized representative if you provide it to us. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property or other government records);
- From our vendors (e.g., call analytics, information source, skip-tracing, payment processing, mailing, and other vendors)
3. Why We Use or Disclose Your Personal Information
We regularly use or disclose personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Fulfill the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your personal information to make a payment, we will use that information to process your payment.
- Perform services on behalf of a business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us
- Auditing related to consumer interactions
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, where the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality of a service or device that is owned, made by or for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, made by or for, or controlled by us
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law or court order
- As appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different purposes without providing you notice.
We regularly disclose (and have disclosed in the past 12 months) several types of personal information about individuals for one or more business purposes, including: name, DOB, address, gender, account number, previous payment and other financial information, email address, insurance information, Social Security Number, employment information, telephone number, IP address, military or veteran status, audio information, username, commercial information (such as records of property, products, or services purchased, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies), internet activity such as interaction with our website(s) or application(s), inferences drawn from any personal information categories to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, aptitudes, or behavior, publicly available information, and information collected or shared pursuant to HIPAA, CMIA, FIPA, GLBA, FCRA, DPPA, and/or other applicable privacy laws.
We have not sold your personal information over the last 12 months and will not sell your personal information under the CCPA.
4. Verifiable Consumer Requests for Information
Upon verification of identity, California residents may in some cases request that a business:
- Disclose the categories of personal information the business collected about the consumer;
- Disclose the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- Disclose the categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer;
- Disclose the categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose;
- Disclose the categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information
- Disclose specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the consumer
- Disclose any financial incentives offered by the business for collection, sale, or deletion of personal information
Businesses that provide information requested pursuant to the CCPA must provide such information in a readily useable format and allow consumers to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
A business may charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
Please note that we are not required to:
- Carry out information access requests we receive from you if acting as a service provider to another entity regarding such information
- Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
- Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
- Provide requested information if a CCPA or applicable exception applies.
5. Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
Upon verification of identity, California residents may in some cases request that a business delete personal information collected from them, subject to certain exceptions.
We may deny your deletion request if we are acting in the role of a service provider to another business regarding the applicable personal information. If we deny your request on that basis, we will generally refer you to the relevant business. In addition, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our client to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, as reasonably anticipated within the context of your relationship with the relevant business, or otherwise perform a contract between you and the business.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with the relevant business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information; or
- If another CCPA or applicable exception applies.
California residents may obtain more information about verifiable requests pursuant to the CCPA by contacting us at CCPA@alltran.com, or calling 800-326-8040, or by mail at Alltran 5800 N Course Dr. Houston, TX 77072
6. Verifying Your Identity If You Submit CCPA Requests
If you choose to contact us directly via the designated methods described above to exercise your CCPA rights, you will need to:
- Provide enough information to reasonably identify you [(e.g., your full name, account number if applicable, and potentially other identifying information]; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly process and respond to your request.
In addition to the exceptions described in this Notice, we are not obligated to make an information disclosure or carry out a deletion request pursuant to the CCPA if we cannot sufficiently verify the identity of the requestor.
If seeking to make a verifiable request under the CCPA on behalf of someone else, we require enough information to reasonably identify the subject of the request (including name and other identifying information) and the subject’s written consent to make the CCPA request on his or her behalf, as consistent with applicable law.
Any personal information we collect from you in order to verify your identity in connection with your CCPA request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
Last modified: 07/01/2020
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please feel free to contact us..
Please note our third party collection agency affiliates, Alltran Financial, LP and Alltran Education, Inc. are debt collectors, .and communication with them through this site is communications with a debt collector.